Discipleship groups are small group bible studies which meet across the valley. Find a location near you here.
Download each lesson here:
Lesson 3—The Authors of God’s Word (John 16:5-15)
Lesson 4—The Goal of God’s Word (John 17:6-17)
Lesson 5—The Intent of God’s Word (Galatians 3:15-22)
Lesson 6—The Audience of God’s Word (1 Timothy 1:8-11)
Lesson 7—The Sufficiency of God’s Word (2 Timothy 3:1-17)
Lesson 8—The Finality of God’s Word (Hebrews 1:1-3)
Lesson 9—The Double-Agency of God’s Word (2 Peter 1:16-21)
Lesson 10—Exercises and Tools for Studying God’s Word
- The Hindrances: Why Don’t I Study the Bible?
- The Motivation: Why Should I Study the Bible?
- The Approach: Preparation and Prayer
- Context is King: History, Culture, and Immediate Literary Context
- Analyzing the Text: Reading and Observing the Text
- Analyzing the Text: Outlining for Understanding
- Analyzing the Text: Word Studies and Cross-referencing
- Interpreting the Text: What Did It Mean Then for Them?
- Interpreting the Text: What Does It Mean Now for Me?
- Applying the Text: The Purpose of Bible Study