WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
The mission of the Deacon Ministry is to equip and empower biblically-qualified men to serve the members of the church family through personal care and follow-up (1 Pet.5:2; Acts 6:1-5). We believe the elders and deacons of our church have a stewardship before God to provide consistent, on-going care to all of our members, helping them grow to be more like Jesus.
How does a person become a Deacon?
- Must be a male
- Must give evidence of conversion
- Must meet the biblical qualifi cations (1 Tim.3:8-10)
- Must be a covenant member of CASM for at least two years
- Must be actively serving at CASM for at least one year
- Must be recognized and affirmed to this office by the elders
WHAT DO DEACONS DO?
- Give oversight to the spiritual well-being of CASM families (Family Care)
- Assist with practical needs of our CASM families (yard work, moving, etc.)
- Help to fund and serve the Church Fellowships twice a year
- Meet monthly with Elder(s) for equipping, accountability, and encouragement
NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Contact: Earl Shivers, Deacon Ministry Director, firstname.lastname@example.org